Long road trips get monotonous quickly. But, there are ways to pass the time on the road and beat fatigue. What are the best ways?
Check out this list of the easiest and best ways to stay awake and alert on long road trips:
- Nap: Taking a cat nap before your trip is a always a good move. If you’re still feeling tired while on the road, pull over and take another power nap. It’s better to take a few minutes out of your trip to rest than fall asleep at the wheel.
- Eat: Eating a good, healthy meal before taking a trip will give you the energy you need to last the entire trip. Then, snack regularly throughout the trip on healthy, non-sugary snacks in order to keep the energy going.
- Listen: Turn up your music loudly and listen to new songs. Sing along, too! Apart from music, listen to podcasts and audiobooks. These force you to pay attention and keep you awake. But, make sure to choose something interesting to listen to so you don’t feel like it’s a chore to continue listening.
- Breathe: Open your windows every now and then to get oxygen flowing and get blasts of cold air.
- Move: Make sure to pull over every now and then to stretch your legs and get your blood flowing. If you don’t have a chance to pull over, do small movements in your truck to make sure you don’t get too content in one spot for too long.
- Hydrate: Drink a lot of water. Dehydration will make you more tired, so keep drinking even if that means more bathroom breaks. A cup of coffee is fine, but avoid too much caffeine. Less caffeine means less of a crash.